Monday, January 07, 2008

San Mateo Credit Union 5.40% 5 Month & 5.15% 12 Month Share Certificate Specials

San Mateo Credit Union is offering two share certificate specials. The are offering 5.40% apy on a 5 month share certificate and 5.15% apy on a 12 month share certificate. They are available only at the credit union's North Fair Oaks, Broadway and Westlake Branches and must be funded with money new to the credit union. There is a minimum deposit requirement of $10,000 for regular share certificates and $2,000 for IRA share certificates with this promotion. The maximum deposit limit is $100,000. See site for additional details.

Field of membership in San Mateo Credit Union is extended to those who are a resident, employee, or student in San Mateo County or a member of a select employee group. See site for details.

3 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 5 month cd is not posted on their website? I will call and check it out.

Thanks!!

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger credituniondeals said...

If you click on the link "specials" on my post it will take you to the specials page which was last updated as of January 7th. The 5 month cd is listed there. Here's the web address for this offer - www.smcu.org/specials/goshortgolong.php.

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the writer of the first comment on San Mateo CU and I still was unable to verify the 5.40% for an IRA so I called and was informed this was valid for the 5 month CD.

I removed the funds from another institution and since I do a brick and mortar handling of my finances I drove to the Broadway office and was told IRA's are 12 months or longer. They said you were incorrect in your column and only accept their website as valid.

No matter how this error occured I would suggest you date each entry and have a rep/ceo who is willing to accept responsibility for their rate quotes. The manager was not available at this branch.

Thank you for all the help you have given me in handling my funds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker